Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Don't use IE



The great photoshoppers at Worth1000.com have done it again; in the last month, I've attempted to help four more people "fix" their Windows PCs mainly by getting reasonable "malware" protection software and not using Internet Explorer for surfing on sites they're not sure about. This image uses the Firefox symbol. I think Firefox is probably the best browser for most folks to use nowadays, so I thought I'd put it up here.

The image is at home here: http://www.worth1000.com/emailthis.asp?image=147306

( by the way, GET A MAC! ;-> )

3 Comments:

Blogger vivage said...

I'm a fan of Firefox and we do use that here at home. I personally use Opera 9.0 which has a lot of bells and whistles that are very convenient. As far as security, it's pretty much on par with Firefox. Check out a review here:

Opera Review on security

Another comparing Opera 9, Firefox and IE, but doesn't really talk about sercurity

I love my Opera, can you tell?

10/04/2006 12:28 AM  
Blogger vivage said...

You might also want to check out this page: Web browser speed comparisons

Scroll down and look at the graphs and then take a look at the "To Summarize" info.

10/04/2006 12:40 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Reading the Opera security review reminds me just how arrogant Microsoft has been with their ability to write decent software; it cites two major Microsoft-touted "features" that were shoved down us MSoft developers' throats in the last decade, ActiveX and Visual Basic, as major risks, and points out that Java is relatively secure. MSoft did just about everything they could to squash java. Opera sounds like a very good choice for a browser; in fact, as I understand it, just about any browser has fewer security flaws than IE.

I know that Firefox has a longer startup time and its speed performance overall is nothing to brag about, but an uninfected PC is generally going to run faster than an infected one, and that's my primary point here. So... Opera, FireFox, Mozilla, just not IE!

10/04/2006 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home