Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursday

Completed basic appraisal coursework; need to find someone to proctor.
(Still have "15 hour" course in federal appraisal standards to do,
starts Jul 3.)
Increased Lindsay's car insurance deductible to $1000; worth it if
she doesn't get in more than one her-fault accident a year.
Moved some other things around in our insurance, saving over a
hundred a month.
Need to get Grand Am (the car we won) ready to sell.
This week I've been listening to NPR podcasts between about 5 and 8
AM while snoozing; works kinda nice.
Moved 2 more truckloads of stuff into semitrailer; still a few loads
to go before we can ditch the rented container.
Getting the hang of the QS6.1 keyboard programming; I basically get
voices and mixes, but effects editing is complex.
Listening to The Roches and "Air" by The Owls; I likey.
Fixed the battery portion of Kyle's keyboard, looks like his wall
adaptor is hosered.
Lots of stuff for ebay and half.com.
Do you enjoy reading these daily trivial activites blogs? I'm curious.
I don't think I can do it everyday; maybe a couple of times a week.

3 Comments:

Blogger vivage said...

I'm addicted to reading and to blogs: There is always something interesting to read, yeah, even in lists.

Man, your list for Thurs made me tired, you did so much.

6/23/2006 8:32 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Viv,
Thursday's list really covered two days, and some of those items were done simultaneously or while snoozing. Oh, and all the insurance stuff was done in a ten-minute phone call.

Nevertheless, I was quite sweaty after moving stuff in storage.

I once wrote a little Unix script called "did" so that whenever I typed "did" something on the Unix command line it would put the date and time and whatever text followed "did" into a file. This was because my boss wanted to know what I was doing, so I could summarize my activities for him by reading my "did" file. I guess this sort of comes from that, only now I bring up an email draft...

did blogged reply to Vivage.

6/23/2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger vivage said...

OMG, I used to have to log every freaking thing I did for one of my bosses. And how long it took me to do them. It was crazy.

Called IT----------------------- .25
Worked on spreadsheet----------- 1.0
Sat on my ass joking with Lori---.50
Packed reel to reel tapes--------1.0
Meeting with SRD (client)--------1.0
Wandered the halls---------------.50
Wrote email----------------------.25
Lunch----------------------------1.0
Fulfilled 2 orders---------------1.0
Fucked around in the copy room---.50

Total:---------------------------7.0

Argh, I hated that boss!

6/23/2006 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home