Friday, June 09, 2006

A Jaunt Down Memory Lane


We've been moving our stored stuff here from a rented shipping container into an old semi-trailer (not roadworthy, but good for storage, bigger, and free). As we move stuff, we're consolidating things and getting rid of stuff we no longer want. I went through a box of junk that used to be on surfaces in my HP cubicle, and thought I'd share a few items with you. First up, my old name tag from HP. I had a lot of nametags in my over 2 decades there, but this one was from around 1990, one of the best times there. See the little vineyards and stuff? Nicer than the plain nametags before that.

In 1998, my part of HP got split off and became "Agilent." In 2000, they gave us 100 stock options apiece. My valueless option brick now resides in our outdoor water fountain. It swims with the fishes. "Dreams made real" indeed...

This is my Santa Rosa Junior College student ID from around 1994. This was the last time I wore my hair that long. When I DID go and get a trim, they gave me a mullet without asking me!

Around 1999, I discovered that you could buy old Hammond organs for almost nothing, and really got into fiddling with them for a while. Here's the ID plate from one that I picked up for free. It had been left out in a field or something. It was unrecoverable, so I parted it out. A mix between thirties telephone, clock, and electronics technologies, Hammonds are really fun to tinker with (if you're a nerdy musician type like me, anyway)!
You can look at my favorite of the Hammonds that I've owned by clicking on the "my Hammond M3" link on the right side of the page. I played that organ with three bands, and still have it.

Enough reminiscing for now...

2 Comments:

Blogger Donita Curioso said...

We're committin' purge-ery.

Must...get...rid...of...CRAP!

Ahhhhh.... That's better.

6/09/2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger vivage said...

I used to have quite a few badges...mostly because my old company was sold 9 times in the 13 yrs I was with them. There was one year we changed hands 3 times.

I wonder where all those badges went?

6/11/2006 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home