Tuesday, June 06, 2006

TV's Kyle and The Treehuggers get Fan Art!



Deviantart is a site that allows artists to post art and discuss it with other artists. A rich community, and my family have all benefitted from participating in it.

As you may recall, Kyle, Lindsay, Donita and I performed at the Claremont Folk Music Center's monthly Open Mike Night a few months ago. I put a video of it in this post. Kyle put that same video on YouTube, and a DeviantArt member saw it there, and recently drew some "fanart" (shown above; click the picture for a larger version). Here's what he wrote about it:

"For those of you who may not know who Kyle is, he is an amazing cartoonist and also a musician when he's not busy drawing. A long while ago, through the magic of YouTube, I saw his band preform on an open mike night, and Boy! Do they sound great?
...
Then I had this idea of creating a poster of them as it would be should they ever decide to do a Live Tour! The first two are clearly and but the other two I couldn't make out properly. So I *hope* I got them half right!"

Well, he got them half right. What a kick! I thought you might enjoy seeing it...

4 Comments:

Blogger vivage said...

Thats the coolest! Immortalized as a cartoon character! I always wanted to be in Josie and the Pussycats just so I could be drawn as a cartoon character. bwhahahha.

6/06/2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I think it's pretty fun, although I think the "fan" part is mostly about Kyle and Linner.

Josie and the Pussycats, eh?
When I was quite young, I wished I was Iron Man (from the comic book).

6/06/2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger vivage said...

Well, not really wanting to be a Josie and the PC's. Just so I could be a cartoon character. What I really wanted was for Walt Disney to drive by my house and see me doing my fabulous cartwheels and make me the next Disney star. No kidding, I really did think he'd drive by and see me.

6/06/2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

I'm blonde! I'm thin! I'm young! What the hell happened???

6/09/2006 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home