Saturday, June 24, 2006

Friday

Early this morning, I listened to a podcast ("jawbone") with Mike Nelson of MST3K, but it was kind of disappointing because of the interviewer. I fell asleep during it (which is the whole idea of my early-morning podcast listening), and I was awakened by the dogs when Doni came into the studio for Stan's doctor's phone number (we are
having trouble with the Loma Linda VA pharmacy getting prescriptions refilled in time, and the bureaucratic pharmacistas are kinda nasty to deal with). The funny thing is, when I started listening to the end of that podcast, Mike was gone, and the man and woman were concerned that the man would end in jail after killing the woman or something. It went on for a few minutes. I could, of course, go back and listen to the beginning of that conversation, but I think I'll just leave it a mystery.

Fri 6/23/06 8:50 AM: blogged reply to Vivage.
(that's what my old "did" script would have done. No, I'm not going to get that detailed on this blog, thank goodness...)


Today is the 41st anniversary of the opening of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room.


Check out the Tiki Room Pele knockoff that is (was?) available at Big Lots for $29. Pretty cool! http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=18769&forum=12&54
(I don't know if any of this will work via mail blogging...)


My dad called and asked for a ride home to Palm Desert next Thursday. He's flying in from my nephew Trever's in Georgia Wednesday night and staying at his girlfriend Bernie's daughter Jackie's. I pick him up there, go out to lunch with him, and then take him home. Fine with me.

Doni's dad called and asked for a ride to the barber's tomorrow at noon. I think Doni will be busy, so I'll take him. Fine with me.

Putting up old books for sale at half.com; I think I have about 18 listed now. The big surprise was Microsoft's "Windows 95 User
Experience," which I bought around 1999 for $23. They're going for upwards of $200 now. WTF??? It's just a typical UI standards kind of thing.

Ken's playing with the Klones at Francies in Corona tonight beginning
at 8:30. They said there's no room for me because of the small stage area, but I may go check 'em out for a moment, anyway. Ken says they have good burgers.

Doni's off to get her dad's prescription refills after discussing it with someone nice at the VA hospital.

I checked Kyle's keyboard's AC adapter again; it's definitely bad; the output wire is intermittent where it goes into the plastic box, and they used tamper-proof screws on the box so I can't easily open it. I guess I'll get a new one for him.

Tested my SQ-80 synth after 3 years' storage; it still works. Now I'l put it in the semitrailer for who knows how long.

Paige's Yamato drum corp camp begins tomorrow, so I guess Donita will be there most of the week (with Paige). I may need to go too, I don't know yet. If you're into drum corp stuff, there's a big show at RCC this weekend. A cousin-in-law from Texas will be there, and so will Paige's favorite group, the Blue Devils.


I doubt that I'll have an entry tomorrow; maybe Sunday, so Viv, I hope
this satisfies yer blog jones! ;->


Well, Doni and I went down to Francie's for the Klones gig around 8PM, and had a nice dinner. She had a burger, I had a Philly. It was pretty good. The band was supposed to start at 8:30, but Joey the drummer didn't show until 9. They started playing near 9:30, then Ken's wireless guitar hookup's batteries died, so they stopped while he switched batteries. Then they played another song, and the PA went silent. Doni and I drove to Ken's and picked up his PA head,
took it back, and helped swap the PAs. It still didn't work. Turned out, apparently, that one speaker was never plugged in, and the other speaker had a dead connector (but it had 2 connectors chained in parallel, so Ken just swapped plugs and that worked). Doh, I guess I should have been more thorough while troubleshooting. That PA is kinda trashy. They were beginning to play as we left and went home. I'll find out how it went tomorrow, but the few songs we heard were nice sounding, not too loud (I'm _sure_ they got loud later, though). I really prefer to be playing and not just watching; but there really isn't enough room in that bar. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home