Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Circuit City liquidates returns through eBay


For those of you who sometimes might buy electronics through eBay,  I found an interesting vendor.  On eBay, their user name is trading_circuit_liquidation. They're Circuit City's eBay presence for liquidating returns and discontinued items.  Doni and I found it while we were looking for a cheap boombox for her to take on her Yamato trip, and we bought a used-returned-but-checked-out cheapo boombox for $1, plus shipping for a total of $10.67.  Some stores like this sell cheap and charge too much for shipping, but these guys seem to deal fairly with shipping. You just have to be sure and check the condition of the item. For example, there's an iPod Nano going for $26 right now, but its display is bolloxed. Heck, even if this boombox doesn't work out, I'll use it somehow, nerdy guy that I am.  Anyway, I'm going to be watching these guys for cool deals, and just thought some of you folks (I think there might be as many as six readers here!) might like to know about it.

PS: I just learned that Circuit City actually have two storefronts, and I'm watching both:

trading_circuit

and

trading_circuit_liquidation

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Hi Leg,

Cool! I went to our Goodwill last week to drop off some stuff, and they had two signs. One said "not accepting donations at this time." The other one said "Anyone caught dumping on these premises will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law." No wonder their selection sucks. Oh well, we dropped it all off today there with no argument.

No, I don't think you should have gotten it for us; I'm not sure when I'd get around to actually messing with it. Thanks for the thought, though!

7/11/2006 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home