Thursday, May 19, 2005

Klones at Primo practice studio

The Klones practiced last night at "Primo Studios", on Jurupa near the railroad tracks. Cheesy, dirty, but good acoustics, a nice PA, and only $40 for 3 hours. First time I've ever been to an actual (no audience) practice with the Klones; they don't do it very often ("they don't practice" is reasonably accurate).

This is about the best I've ever heard the Klones sound. They were loud (my 450-watt biamped servo-controlled speaker maxed out at one point), but the studio's acoustics absorbed most of the reflections, so it was not muddy. And they were working on a short 40-minute set of their best material for Saturday's Orange Blossom Festival, where they expect a crowd somewhere above 1000 people, so they were very much on purpose. Everyone was in a good mood, and it just sounded good.

Sometimes I don't have as much energy as I'd like, but last night I was energized. In addition to the good vibe from the band, I figure some of my energy came from having completed a yucky income-and-expense report that UCR financial aid demanded.

Anyway, it really was a good show, and although I wouldn't normally say this, if you come to the Budweiser Stage (University and Market) at 2 PM on Saturday, I think you might enjoy the show! Just bring earplugs (or look for Doni, she'll probably have some) if you're sensitive to jet-engine-level sound.

Too bad Ken (my bro) couldn't make the show; he's in Kentucky at his daughter Tiffany's wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home